Thursday, January 6, 2011

I'm not a very good writer...

I've always wanted to have a blog. I enjoy reading other peoples and I like writing out my thoughts a lot. It helps me process through them, and pounding away at the keys of Lucy(my laptop) is very cathartic. I will however, be the first to admit that I'm not a stellar writer. So if you choose to read this, you have been forewarned.

I'm not really sure what I want this blog to be. I actually set this up several months ago, but I didn't want to start anything until I really thought I was ready. I wrote several things down in the hopes that someday they would end up on a blog, this blog. I guess time will tell if they ever truly make it onto the web.

It's 2011 and all my friends who have blogs have written things about 2010 in review or their goals and hopes for 2011. It's a very "in" thing to do. I don't make New Years Resolutions though. Well, okay, I don't make them often. This blog is not a New Years Resolution, it's just Christmas Break and I had some time to think about it. I also had time to try and redesign it for the 4th time. I imagine that this will contain many rants and thoughts and updates on my life as I try and understand what on earth I'm doing in my life right now.

I think all the rest I'll put in this first post is why this blog is called "Doors."

Doors is actually the title of the last dance piece I choreographed and it was about my life. This blog is about my life, so I guess it works. I feel like in life, at the very least my life right now, is full of doors, aka opportunities. God has given me several opportunities to partake in, doors in in a sense to walk through. I've enjoyed many of these experiences. Great things have been done in my life because of God's grace and provision. On the flip side, there have been A LOT of doors that I feel like I haven't really been able to walk through because they opened, and before I could set foot on the threshold, the door was slammed in my face.

So in summary, life is full of doors. Some of them are open, some of them are closed, all of them contain adventures, and only some will ever be walked through. Some I get to close, some God closes before I have a chance, almost all of them are confusing in some way or another.

Walk with me through this door in life and let's see where it takes us. Sound good?

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

1 comment:

  1. I disagree. You are a very good writer. This post shows so much and is very eloquent. Maybe this blog is another door that is opening for you.

    ReplyDelete