Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I should be doing homework probably...


...but it's still the first week of classes and I was oober productive today, so I'm going to cut myself a break. I'll just do a bunch of homework tomorrow before Dan's scholarship banquet.

Today I had some breakthroughs.

First of all, I had a two hour coffee date with my big sister Jaclyn. For those of you who don't know, Jaclyn isn't my "real" big sister, but she's even better! If I ever get tired of her, I can send her back! hehehehe, not that I would ever get tired of her, I'm just saying. :P Anyway. We had great conversation catching up on life and some of the things she said really helped to clarify thoughts in my mind. I love it when she does that! I don't tell her very often though....she'd get a big head. ;) We were discussing relationships and how important it is that the other person really push you to be the best person that you can be. Because if being with someone doesn't make you better, then why are you with them at all? I guess it made me realize why I value my relationship with Dan so much. I can honestly say that he pushes me to be better because he doesn't accept the Allyson that cops out or tries to push people out of her life when she's being dumb. Dan makes me think and pushes me out of my comfort zone. Reason number 17 why I love him.

Second, as you already know, I've been FREAKING out about my math class and how much my TA sucked and I was worried about how the semester was going to go. So, I admit that I checked mypurdue religiously all day Monday and Tuesday to no avail. However, I kind of forgot about it today until about 2:45 when I was in the computer lab in Matthews and I decided to randomly check to see if there were any open spots in the other sections. There was one spot in the 2nd 4:30pm section, but it was also an Asian TA and I wasn't sure if I should switch or not. I figured he couldn't be any worse than the one I had so I went for it and went to the new section for class today. Here's the thing: I hesitated to switch at first because it wasn't how I was planning on fixing the situation. I wanted to be in the section with a clearly American teacher, but that section never opened up. God did however give me a different alternative. I hesitated and then decided that I should just do it. The class went really well. He's still definitely Asian, but I can understand him much better and he explains things really thoroughly. I think I will be able to learn things from him, hopefully. Point I'm trying to make: my plan was not what God wanted to do, He had his own ideas and you know what, they are probably much better than mine. Clearly, I have something to learn from this other TA, so that's where He put me.

Third, I think I finally understand the relationship between the cost function and marginal cost and how you manipulate it in a freaking word problem. yay!!!!! Thank you GOD!

It's getting late, so I'm gonna hit the hay.
Thought I'm sleeping on, God's plan is always better than mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment