Sunday, March 4, 2012

Wedding Number 1: Hannah and Joel

The weekend of February 11th, I had the distinct honor of traveling to Odon, IN to stand up in my dear friend Hannah's wedding. I have known Hannah since my freshman year at Purdue, when I joined the Windsor Governing Board. The next year when I was a sophomore she lived down the hall from me and we grew closer serving on the Executive Board together. I also found out that she went to my church and worked in the office there. We spent a lot of time chatting during the day when I would hang out and do homework. About the same time that Hannah's relationship with Joel began to blossom, she decided to join my current roommate Ginny and I on a lease at Copper Beech.

I still distinctly remember the day that Hannah called me in July. I had just gotten into the car to head over to Dan's for dinner and to visit with his mom and grandma who were visiting. I answered the phone, slightly confused as to why she was calling me at that particular time but glad to hear from her nonetheless. She started off the conversation with the typical hey how are you and then said, "I have something to ask you actually, will you be one of my bridesmaids?" I answered, "Absolutely!" before it even sank in what she was asking. I quickly ingested the information and proceeded to ask, "Wait, when did THIS happen?!?" Less than an hour ago was her reply and I quickly squealed in delight asking for all the details of the proposal. I was absolutely ecstatic for Hannah and her impending nuptials.




Being able to spend that weekend with Hannah and her family leading up to the wedding was a time I will always treasure. The love that was evident between Hannah and Joel and all of their families was heartwarming and gave me faith in the vows of marriage. I got chills standing up there in the church listening to Hannah and Joel recite their vows, to know how much support and love existed between them and how committed they were to their relationship. I had the privilege of watching their relationship grow from the start and to see it come full circle made me so happy.

I am so looking forward to weddings 2, 3, and 4 of this year. Aamod & Bethany, Ben & Alice, and Clay & Ginny respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment