Thursday, May 26, 2011

James 4

James 4:7-8

"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you."

I was struck with how simple these words are and yet how difficult they are to live out. I feel like this is my mantra for my life right now. Submitting myself to God, fleeing the devil, and coming near to God. I haven't been doing a very good job of drawing near to God as of late. I also have been struggling a lot with being jealous of what other people are doing in their lives. Like, all my friends that are living abroad this summer, or people who are being asked to do special things my departments that I wish I had been asked to do, etc. etc. It's really hard for me to be happy for what other people get to do(unless they are a friend) and instead makes me feel more insecure about myself. It's really starting to bother me that this happens to me, I cannot be content with where God has me and what He is doing in my life right now. College has put me into this mindset that I need to always be doing something better than everyone else, and that everything is a competition between me and another person.

My hope is that in drawing closer to God, and learning what it means to submit myself to Him, I will learn to be more content, more grateful, and more appreciative of the opportunities and ways God IS using me.

Your prayers as I start this intentional journey this summer would be most appreciative. I will try and continue to share my thoughts on this as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment