Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!




Things I learned while swing dancing.

1. Sometimes you just have to wait patiently for the guy to decide to do something fun.
2. It is so relaxing because the follow just has to pay attention, not think about what is coming next.
3. When you have no idea what is going on, make something up that looks like more fun than what your partner is doing. Acceptable moves include skipping, shimmying, and swishing your hips back and forth.
4. Always ask the guys to dance. The more you get out there, the more other people want to dance with YOU. ;)
5. Sometimes you see old friends again, and realize they know a whole more swing than you do!

For realsies though, swing dancing tonight was a lot of fun. Dan and I went to the Level 1 class and then stayed for part of the jam and I really enjoyed it. I have wanted to learn swing dancing for about 4 years now and I never had the time to do it with all the other dance I was involved in. This summer however there are free lessons at Purdue so I plan on taking full advantage of them. It's super exciting. Plus, I saw an old friend of mine there whom I haven't seen since freshman year. We had both said that we were going to take swing lessons the next semester, well he actually did and he showed me a thing or two!

I anticipate many more fun Wednesday nights in the future.

Also, there have been tornado warnings after tornado warnings all day long and I am still alive, in case you were wondering. The storms have been pretty cool though. And I have thus far avoided getting completely soaked. Yay cars!

No comments:

Post a Comment